Creative Development Facilitator
- Newlyn and Exchange Gallery, where I led a summer programme of workshops for children inspired by the themes in their exhibition Europe After the Rain at the Exchange Gallery, Summer 2019
- Newlyn and Exchange Gallery, where I led an animation and book workshop at Pensans School as part of the Cornish Language Festival, exhibited at the Exchange Gallery, 2019
- Facilitating and organising of Creation Station workshops for young adults not in education, employment or training (NEET), through Game Changer and RIO, 2018
- Cargo Collective and Persona online portfolio workshops through Cultivator, 2018
- 1-1 tutor and Creative Development Facilitator for adults and children with various needs, including autism and learning difficulties, giving participants the opportunity to explore various techniques and develop their ideas into finished pieces of work, such as books, prints, illustrations and film, since 2014
- Visiting artist lecturer at Falmouth University, teaching bookbinding to photography undergraduate and postgraduate students, since 2012
Creative development facilitator at Apex Arts with ‘Outside Open’ project for people with special needs, 2016
Arts Practitioner leading creative engagement workshops for people with dementia. Sessions were held in Falmouth and Cornwall Museum through United Response and part funded by the Department of Health, 2014 - 2016
Zine making workshop aimed at adults at HOWL Cafe in Penryn, 2015
Simple Bookbinding and Zine workshop aimed at adults at HOWL Cafe in Penryn as part of and in response to ‘They Told Me a Tale’ and ‘The History Laboratory’ based at Penryn Museum and led by Field Notes, 2015
Creative development facilitator at Apex Arts with ‘Raising the Bar’ project for people with special needs, 2014
Newlyn and Exchange Gallery, where I led several workshops at the Saturday morning art club for children at the Exchange, 2013
Bookbinding workshop aimed at adults and children for the Cornwall Design Fair 2012
Silkscreen, bookbinding, and casting workshops at my studio in Redruth including a series of workshops developed for Cornwall Open Studios, 2012
Arts Practitioner leading creative engagement workshops for people with dementia in care homes, almshouses and day centres and in collaboration with organisations such as The Sharp End, Hackney, Bromley-by-Bow Centre, Blackheath Age Exchange, Think Life and London & Quadrant Housing Association, 2007 - 2016
Creative facilitator for people with various needs, including autism and learning difficulties, giving guidance and support in painting at the Mosaik Werkstaetten, Berlin, 2004
2015 - 2017
Working with United Response and caring for people with various needs, including autism and learning difficulties and received relevant training appropriate to the clients that I worked with.
Co-Director and MemberSince 2013
Co-Director and on the Management Committee of CMR artist led, project/gallery space and membership initiative, based in Redruth.
CMR aims to provide resources and space for learning and development through exhibitions, workshops, talks and events. This aims to inspire members within their art practice also creating the potential to work together and network, stage exhibitions, develop projects and ideas and create work that is critically engaged.
Co-Organiser and Site ManagerApr 2015 - Oct 2016
Co-organiser and Site Manager for Inland Art Festival 2016, as well as managing the general look and CI for Inland Art Festival, Redruth, which we are currently looking at funding from the People’s Health Trust, Arts Council England, FEAST, to name but a few.
Co-Organiser and Project ManagerFeb 2013 - Sep 2014
Co-organiser, Project Manager for Inland Art Festival, as well as co-organiser of the education programme for Inland Art Festival, Redruth, which was an ambitious local contemporary art festival, funded by the Arts Council and FEAST, as well as other local funders.
Paper Conservation Assistant2011 - 2013
Assistant to the Head Paper Conservator at John Jones Framers in London.
Roles included tear repairs, cleaning of works on paper and on board and archiving of private collections and thereby designing and making bespoke archival boxes, using museum standard materials.
- University of East London
First Class BA (Hons) Fine Art
Falmouth School of Art and Design
Diploma in Art and Design Foundation studies with Distinction